- The information we collect and use, including how we generally use that information.
- What we share and disclose and why and to whom.
- What “Cookies” and “Web beacons” are and how we use them.
- How to update and delete your account information.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect personal information from you whenever you interact with the Website, such as when you:
- register with the Website,
- use our products or services,
- transmit, submit or post information in the Website’s chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums,
- enter promotions or sweepstakes, and
- visit web pages on the Website or on the Web sites of certain of our partners.
- We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with the Website and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. You are free to use Primerate.com without registering or setting up a personal Primerate.com Account; however, some of our services and web pages are available only to those who are registered users.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Primerate.com cookie information, and the pages you request.
- We use your personal information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Website, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- In general, we provide access to your personal information only to Primerate.com employees and contractors who we believe need that access in order to do their jobs and to provide products or services to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you request, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Primerate.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Primerate.com communicate with you about offers from Primerate.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We may sometimes share aggregate non-personal information with third parties such as the media, advertisers, and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of the Website’s users who live in a particular state or fall within a particular age group. Such aggregate information is gathered from individual Primerate.com users’ information but is not traceable to any specific identifiable Primerate.com user.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We do not share your personal information with our advertisers. However, the advertising we display is targeted to users of particular services and content. So if you view or click on a targeted ad, the advertiser (or other companies affiliated with the advertiser) may assume that you meet the targeting criteria for example, women ages 50-60 from a particular geographic area or with children or grandchildren of a certain age.
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
Primerate.com sends only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, specifically requested by Website subscribers. Subscriptions to Primerate.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to Primerate.com list. Primerate.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can set up your browser to reject cookies or tell you when a cookie has been sent. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the Website’s interactive features, and we hope you will leave them turned on. The Website also uses web beacons (also known as action tags or single pixel gifs) to access Primerate.com cookies inside and outside our Web pages and in connection with Primerate.com products and services. A web beacon is a transparent image placed on a web page that sends a signal when a person visits that page. This enables us to assess the popularity and effectiveness of the material posted on the Website. We may also use web beacons in connection with e-mails sent to the Website’s users, to let us know whether and when the e-mail was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
Third-party Ad Serving
- Primerate.com contracts with third party companies to help us make sure that our content and advertising are relevant and effective, and to analyze how visitors use our site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on this site. The type of information we collect includes, for example, the pages you visited at the Website. This information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which products are most interesting, and what kinds of offers our visitors like to see. Although our third party marketing partners manage the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
Your Ability to Update and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can update your Primerate.com account information, including your biographical and profile information, at any time, by going to Primerate.com.
- We reserve the right to send you certain important communications relating to the Website, such as service announcements and administrative messages, throughout the term of your personal Primerate.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these important communications.
- You can terminate your Primerate.com account at any time by sending a request here.
Questions and Suggestions
Effective Date: February 19, 2013